London jobs dating flats to rent
The town has always been intimately associated with the Thames; the first significant instance of this was when Henry VIII opened a naval dockyard there in the 16th century, on the site of the current Riverside Gardens.Until the mid 19th century, Erith was a popular small port and anchorage, often a stopping off point for ships bound for the Port of London to discharge some of their cargo.
Erith is an ancient settlement, dating at least back to the medieval period.In the 1960s, the town was extensively redeveloped following Modernist town planning ideas, including pedestrian/traffic separation, multilevel commercial environments and residential tower blocks. The project has also provided a new public open space, opening up access to the Dell.This redevelopment, which had been partly prompted by wartime bomb damage, dramatically altered the layout of the town, and many crucial routes were radically altered: notably the High Street became largely a service road for the new shopping centre. The development is close to the shopping centre, library, sports centre and public transport links.The gardens are the location of an exciting Christmas event on 26 November.The Erith Playhouse is located next to the River Thames.The buildings will comprise of 19 one bedroom flats, 27 two bedroom flats, 4 three bedroom flats, and 11 three bedroom houses, a total of 61 units, together with 43 associated car parking spaces.
The architects appointed for this development are Pollard Thomas Edwards, and the Structural Engineer/M&E are Conisbee.
The building was originally the Oxford Cinema, which opened on 27 July 1913, showing silent movies.
Conversion of the cinema for theatrical use began in 1947 with the first production of London and Quadrant (L&Q) and Anderson Group are developing the former quarry site in Erith to provide new homes, including townhouses and apartments.
The gardens are an attractive green feature in Erith town centre, offering panoramic views of the River Thames.
The Thames path takes visitors through the gardens, providing a continuous path which connects with other riverside locations in south east London.
For more information regarding this development, please contact L&Q.